18 May 2012: Dragao Stadium, Porto, Portugal
- Mylo Xyloto
- Hurts Like Heaven
- In My Place
- Major Minus
- Lovers In Japan
- The Scientist
- Violet Hill
- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
- Princess Of China
- Up In Flames
- Warning Sign
- Don't Let It Break Your Heart
- Viva La Vida
- Charlie Brown
- Us Against The World
- Speed Of Sound
- Fix You
- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Photos from this show can be found at Coldplaying.com in the Gallery thread for Porto. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1945
Videos from this show can be found in the first post of the Coldplaying forum live thread for this show at http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90997
All post-show discussion for this show at the forum thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90997
All fan reviews have been submitted to us by the members of Coldplaying.com, unless stated otherwise.
Undoubtedly the best concerts I've ever been = D Very very good indeed .. Even with the rain that threatened to stay all night .. thankfully stopped when he started the Coldplay concert xD (only giving off their skills from time to time) The firework lights .. people .. all with their bracelets to give birth .. the whole stadium singing BRUTAL .. = D [thanks Ana http://temosdefalar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/fotos-do-facebook-da-radio-comercial.html]
Hey rubys! Day May 18, 2012. This date will be in memory of at least 50 000 people who attended the Coldplay concert at the Stadium of the Dragon, and a few more who loved to go but were not. In a word, the show boils down to "WOW". Coldplay proved they are one in the Port of the best bands in contemporary music: Pop and Rock met in a perfect marriage. By early evening the rain decided to take off their skills, but the Portuguese from all over the country felt more free to Coldplay, and fearless, headed to Dragon Stadium as a League final Capões they were. However Rita heated environment. Underside of an awning arranged in the fight against the rain, protected from the new Jay-Z songs warmed the room with the wave R & B and Raggae. Comparisons with Rihanna come and go, but I think it is best to give you some more time to grow as an artist. This was followed by Marina and The Diamonds. With a bright dress and an umbrella in hand, singer regained at the Dragon sounds of the '80s. First were the ballads, then a large rock to finish. The music could be very good, but the more desirable of the night had yet to arrive. He played the music of Back to the Future and the men of the most anticipated night of the year ... or hinder empalco. "Mylo Xyloto" names the album, tour and will be presented to the first song. It is impossible to talk about Coldplay without talking about color and this was soon to appear with the first session of fireworks. A career dominated by success always results in a show dominated by success. "Im My Place" was the first. In a concert that seemed more a roller coaster goes quiet music and fast pace, followed by "Lovers in Japan", then "The Scientist", which showed the ability of Coldplay grab the audience (and the Portuguese know all the lyrics! .) The Blue Dragon Stadium habitually turned yellow, approaching more successful. "Yellow", as usual, began with Chris Martin on piano and with the Portuguese to sing along. The show then became the major sector for the island created in the center of the crowd. He even "Princess of China," the new single from Coldplay accompanied by Rihanna, who made a virtual appearance on the screens that made up the stage. Also in this space, "Up in Flames" brought the show to more intimate aspect of Coldplay. In the big stage, "Do not Let It Break You Heart" brought about through the emergency exits of the Dragon Stadium some inflatable purple - yes, we had reached another dimension. "Viva La Vida" has proven to be one of the biggest hits ever the band - the Port should have heard the most "owoooh owoooh" ever. With the heart in 1000, followed by "Charlie Brown" and "Paradise." In the latter the 1001 colors returned to the stage. Thousands of sparkling bracelets donned the Portuguese have an effect on the wrists to the celestial dragon - and make you think that Pinto da Costa in a new form of support for sportsmen. The oldest of Coldplay fans knew there was still much to hear and kept the encore surprises. On the opposite side of the stage (the other side of the pitch of course), Chris Martin appeared on a small platform. "Up Agains The World" began with a solo vocalist on guitar, and he was joining the other members. Still missing something ... but not for long. "Clocks", "Fix You" and hit "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" closed the concert with fireworks. Chris Martin held the flag of Portugal and did not finish the concert without kneeling and kissing on stage. The Coldplay concert in Portugal - and in the background all the new tour - proof that a band can also Pop Rock high level. A spectacle of the British was not without success, no songs that we hear every day on the radio without strong beats and guitar, but without a strong focus on aesthetic component - no lights, no inflatables, no multicolored confetti. Joined Coldplay on stage it all. It's the best of both worlds to which many aspire but few attain. Bravo! [thanks Ruben http://www.propagandistasocial.com/2012/05/19/soundcloud-coldplay-levam-o-melhor-dos-dois-mundos-ao-porto/]
Yesterday was the much anticipated May 18! Coldplay was the Dragon simplesmento of this world! The back of the stadium and witnessed to the strength of the band and this concert, the most talked about and anticipated of the year in our country! Before it was time to Coldplay performances by Rita and Marina Now & Dimonds. Particularly liked the last! Go take a look on youtube :) At around 22:00 there was the long awaited moment and the way of Star Wars, Coldplay come on stage to the sound of "Mylo Xyloto" primiera with the explosion of fireworks and the píblico. The hits followed up and avalanches of applause too! The LCD bracelets that have shone before we get to the sound of music, causing an effect absolutely fantastic (especially when viewed from above). There was an evident difference between the rock and Coldplay Coldplay who surrendered to the sweet pop. The light show and sound was overwhelming and energy between the band and the audience was from another world indeed! In the middle of the concert, no one was waiting, Chris Martin (gorgeous that it alone), there is a small stage in the middle of the pitch, alone and acoustic guitar in hand. After they arrive one by one the remaining Coldplay: D Towards the end they were saved "Fix You" and "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, where Chris the Portuguese flag parades and bid farewell to the stadium into ecstasy kissing the stage floor! The sense of rhythm runs through the veins of Coldplay and this should, very personally, the fact that so many people and all ages like them. Coldplay are a rock band, but more than that, are a pop band that exudes joy and hope from every pore and I filled our hearts. The day was just fantastic and completely changed my mood! I'll keep forever happy to see them there delivered to the public. They love the music and show it! They surrendered themselves completely and the public too, that took every moment to the fullest, in a climate of overall vibration! Despite Coldplay are markedly trade, but are commercial quality, despite having songs without great depth, although always with a message to deliver! Well, are capable of playing a stadium filled with songs simple and cheerful, it is this that makes the mass! [thanks Jardin Versailles http://jardin-versailles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/coldplay-no-porto.html]
Nor have words to describe the concert yesterday at the Estadio do Dragao. I think it's just phenomenal! I sat on the bench shortly after 16h and then stayed until the time of the concert, without catching rain. After 9h waiting, Chris Martin and the rest of the band come on stage full of energy and fireworks to the sounds of Mylo Xyloto. The songs keep coming one after another, always with immense energy and a very talkative Chris. Success after success until you finish the concert with Every teardrop is a waterfall, with the same energy they had when they started. Every song, surprises emerged: the bracelets that flashed to the music, the colorful inflatable, paper, balloons, the presence of the band in a mini-stage in the middle of the lawn ... and not the rain that was feel, prevented 50,000 people from vibrating a little over an hour and a half (I confess that between the cold and the cries, the voice resented a bit). Although we are still in May, I dare say that this is one of the best concerts that Portugal will have in 2012. [thanks pdepequenina.blogspot.com/ ]
Blitz (translated): If you could see the big picture, have access to Google Maps in real life, for 20/30 km around the Dragon Stadium around 19/20 o'clock yesterday afternoon would certainly be possible to witness all the forces - passing the exaggeration - converged in what was the hottest concert of the year in the country. What nobody foresaw was that the rain also pointed the gun to the city of Porto, leading the audience to paint the Dragon stadium-waterproof white in contrast with the background of the stage and walkway that seemed to target a massive attack of all graffiters the world. Regardless of the flood which is mounted in the middle stage, the British Rita Now dressed for summer, showed their songs with the help of a band hidden under some awnings and left bare the influences of his music, somewhere between reggae and R & B, rock and passing through Rasgadinho. Surprise near the end at the end: "Say My Name" from Destiny's Child and also a ticket for "Heartbeat" by Nneka. To understand better than Now Rita is made it will take more than 30 or 40 minutes, at a future opportunity. It continues to rain. In the interval, time for a succession of things more or less unexpected: a group of people singing the anthem Portuguese, there are scanners water on stage, hear Gold Panda in the columns of the Dragon (what are the odds?) , it is a "hola" in the stands, speakers are asked to stand up to the stadium the magic charms that light, they said, were part of the show (only after it was revealed to what extent). Within five minutes, the culture of entertainment shone in all its splendor. It continues to rain. The stage continues with the arrival of women's Marina and the Diamonds. Less Maria Boy, more femme fatale to the 80 rescued, Marina and her Diamonds muchachos, still under the same awning unusual for concerts of this kind - particularly given the size of the stage. Another unusual image: doing justice to its name, Marina brings a bright dress, microphone in one hand and an umbrella in the other (doing justice to time). His vocal mannerisms remind Kate Bush, and his songs take it to similar areas. More party girl than what you would expect at first, Marina finally surrender to the charms of rock (with "Bubble Gum Bitch", for example, to remember Blondie) and a more rhythmic pop - all without losing the 80's view and without letting go of the umbrella. It continues to rain. "Primadonna" closed with technical problems but eventually gave to glimpse Marina without an umbrella.
In the blink of an eye, the concert moves to the language of the stage marked by a red X, as well in the audience, there is no battery but there is a drum machine, Rihanna's voice and his image on giant screens. It is time to "Princess of China" but rather a time to deliver electronic. Thence to "Up in Flames" take his place on stage is a tiny bit. But now, more than being one or the other song, it is mostly some intimacy (if that is possible between 50 000 people). Returning to the scene of the spotlight, Chris Martin gives the welcome "Do not Let It Break Your Heart", when a semi-inflatable purple aliens decide to show the face of emergency exits from the stadium and strategic points. "Viva la Vida" comes out of nowhere and causes a burst of enthusiasm of 8.9 on the scale of Coldplay. The electronic bracelet (not to be confused with the homonymous) flash even more strongly, 99.7% of people do not have the feet flat on the floor (and this is not a metaphor) because "Charlie Brown" is already being heard loud and clear (which recalls that the sound was really good), a time of overwhelming pop concision. The color explosion of "Paradise" showed, if questions still remained, readiness and ability of Coldplay to write some more songs eared today: chest full of songs, melodically refined (even in its simplicity), hymns for easy identification this generation. In the encore, with nothing to do anticipate, Chris Martin appears on a small stage at the other end of the stadium and, alone and acoustic guitar in hand, invests in "Up Against the World" until, one by one, the rest of Coldplay arrive to put the song detail after detail. This was followed by "Speed of Sound" in the same tune confessional and shortly after "Clocks" remembers everything and everyone that there is no such thing as Coldplay get no hits in the alignment. More: it demonstrates the power of a good piano line to the scope and power of a pop song you want is on a large scale. Towards the end they were saved "Fix You" and "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," who served time for Chris Martin parading with the inevitable Portuguese flag and to blow air over a bath of fire Fireworks. Last mental snapshot of the night: Chris Martin off the stage but not before kissing him on his knees. Minutes after the end there were still those who chant "Viva la Vida" in bringing about the return of the band, but without success. 50,000 left to hum the success favorite Coldplay to return home, after all, the traffic jam outside the Stadium of the Dragon had to provide one or two hours to calm down after a night of thrills. 
- @coldplay: On the way to Porto Portugal. CM pic.twitter.com/j7OyRBGQ
- @oxfamontour: It's a gorgeous day in Porto as the guys build the Coldplay stage for tomorrow
- @coldplay: Phil in Porto. CM pic.twitter.com/VNvcDePr
- @coldplay: The stage is set for the first European stadium show of the #mxtour in Porto, Portugal tomorrow night... A pic.twitter.com/j3bHhGob
- @RachEdwards8: Band are just rehearsing their final songs for tomorrow. It feels good to be back!
- @RitaOra: Tour day 1! On our way to PORTO @coldplay !!!!!!!!
- @oxfamontour: Woo. Getting ready to gt on the tour bus to the venue. Excited to meet @intermonoxfam volunteers for the @coldplay gig in #Porto
- @Xylobands: #Xylobands team ready for the #Coldplay gig in Porto tonight - going to be another great night !
- @coldplay: Dragao Stadium, Porto, Portugal. Right now. First Mylo Stadium. Showtime minus 9hrs. R42 twitvid.com/IGXS2
- @coldplay: We haven't been to this part of Portugal since Aug 2000, playing a festival with the Flaming Lips. Great place to start the stadium tour. WC
- @CatariinaaSousa: I'm so excited to see you in Porto! Can't wait (: @coldplay
- @FilipaPassos: On my way to the COLDPLAY Concert :) So excited ! PORTO <3 !
- @oxfamontour: All the 52,000 wristbands are ready for the @coldplay gig tonight #coldplayfilm twitpic.com/9me6aq
- @IAmGoncalo: Heading to Porto to see @coldplay perform live!
- @AmandaxYoung: Finally about to be on my way to Porto! :) #excited #Coldplay #MyloXyloto
- @washbwashb: I will be this close to Coldplay :) @ Estádio do Dragão instagr.am/p/Kxe477RRfC/
- @beatrizvilarica: At dragão waiting for my first @coldplay show ever. So excited!
- @inesleitaoh: @coldplay in Porto!!!! #coldplayfilm pic.twitter.com/B6KgEnp8
- @FI_Maia: Waiting for @coldplay!!
- @ipaulomendes: Welcome #coldplay @ Estádio do Dragão instagr.am/p/KxnPNDEagI/
- @adanielaalves: Ready for Coldplay show at Porto Stadium @ Estádio do Dragão instagr.am/p/KxnoiZR0r7/
- @itsanalucia: Coldplay + Estádio do Dragão = Paradise :D @coldplay
- Jayreg1969: Porto is going be a wet one !!!
- Jayreg1969: if only the weather had stuck around !!!! pic.twitter.com/uCRcdI7o
- @Jayreg1969: lots of wet people already !!!! lots of Ponchos !!!!
- @nejcs: Wetplay in Porto #coldplay
- @DJLuis_KC: Waiting for @coldplay #mxtour #coldplayfilm @ Estádio do Dragão instagr.am/p/Kx7y1_yAKb/
- @Jaime_Esteves: @ Coldplay Porto. About to start
- @cesarsrodrigues: #live #coldplay #dragao instagr.am/p/KyHGmzQz4o/
- @coldplay: Thank you Porto for an UNBELIEVABLE start to our stadium run. WHAT A CROWD! PH
- @oxfamontour: What an amazing night in Porto! You guys showed us lots of love and hundreds joined our #GROW campaign! twitpic.com/9mjqpy
- @Xikaxikao: @coldplay thank you for an UNBELIEVABLE evening! Please please please come back to PORTO, one day!
- @ALWAYSLOVEMC: @coldplay i just left the porto concert! You were AMAZING! Did you like us? Come back already! :')
- @NYC_Mariana: @coldplay unbelivable show today in Porto!!! It was perfection! Thank you so Much and please comeback very soo
- @pdrmartins: @coldplay Thank you for this Amazing Gig! You guys were the best! We will never forget! Please visit us (Porto) again soon
- @DensiShine: @coldplay Thank you for the best night, best concert, the best show, the best music! May 18, Porto! Made me sing, laugh, jump, even cry! TY!
- @LurdesOsswald: @coldplay thank you guys so much for an amazing show at Porto, you're the best! I won't ever forget this day! BEAUTIFUL
- @ArianaRodrigues: Coldplay @ Estado Dragao was brilliant! Please come again!
- @CatarinaLAyres: @coldplay we love you so much! The concert was absolutely amazing! Come back soon. Porto needs you! It was PARADISE!
- @TichaFerreira: @Coldplay thank you for the amazing concert last night in Estádio do Dragão :-D
- @GuilheermeeDMS: @coldplay Thank you for the awesome concert in Porto :D
- @ricsvasconcelos: Thank you @Coldplay ! It was incredible! #PORTO pic.twitter.com/iqRv2T2h
- @Jayreg1969: Porto Was Great Crowd were awesome :) Rain made it hard but think we all still had fun