24 July 2012: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Mylo Xyloto
- Hurts Like Heaven
- In My Place
- Major Minus
- Lovers In Japan
- The Scientist
- Violet Hill
- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
- Princess Of China
- Up In Flames
- Don't Let It Break Your Heart
- Viva La Vida
- Charlie Brown
- Us Against The World
- Speed Of Sound
- Fix You
- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Photos from this show can be found at Coldplaying.com in the Gallery thread for Toronto. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1967
Videos from this show can be found in the first post of the Coldplaying forum live thread for this show at http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91162
All post-show discussion for this show at the forum thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91162
All fan reviews have been submitted to us by the members of Coldplaying.com, unless stated otherwise.
Just got home! I have the whole concert on video, will take a few days to upload everything... Got a few things in twitter. ( lexboflex ) An amazing show.. Great to meet some Coldplayers. I can't wait to see them again someday! [alexis16]
Just got in the door too. Great to meet you and Kevin, and Great to meet Jilly!! Coldplay really do have the greatest fans anywhere! Not much in the way of quality pics/video, but I'll upload what I have to FB aafter I've had some much needed sleep... AFter I got scanned in, I went back outside and ran into my best friend from Kingston...I didn't think we'd meet up since there were 20,000 people there,lol. Also played the piano! It's all to much to put into coherent words right now. but THANK YOU COLDPLAY!!! I still wish they had replaced UIF instead of Warning Sign. I usually don't complain about the list...and I LOVE trouble. But I'd been looking forward to WS live for months. It was one that I suggested back when Phil asked for tweets. Yes, I'm talking about the little piano outside. THey're all around the city. www.streetpianos.ca. Great idea! I had to stop and get rid of my coffee and bag of chips (unopened), so that's why we lost sight of each other. Then I went for a smoke and ran into Barb and Alan. Sorry I didn't stick around to say goodbye, but I didn't want to miss my buss! So great meeting other fans. [thanks TracieMorgan]
Safe home back in the States after the trip to Toronto. Both shows were epic. The crowd around me on the 24th wasn't as into it as the one on the 23rd - one woman in front of me sat fanning herself with her VIP pass almost the whole time (I think if you're in the first ten rows and sit down, you should forfeit your ticket to a Coldplayer) and when I stood up to dance to "99 Problems" people looked at me like I was crazy.
But the show was so wonderful and I am so proud of the boys. They all give it 110%! And both nights I teared up during DLIBYH - the segue out of a song like "Trouble" just somehow grabs my heart. Chris ran up and down the ramp and across the stage giving little bows before joining the others for the big bow at the end - and the look on his face made me think he really means it, really appreciates the fans. As the crowd filtered out I noticed a stagehand picking up Guy's yellow guitar picks - edged my way up and asked one of the guards if I could have one. "They're not giving anything out," he told me. I smiled, edged my way further over, and asked another guard. He reached up and got two from the stagehand, gave one to a girl next to me and one to me! So in addition to a lot of lovely memories - including meeting Alexis16 and TracieMorgan - I have a wonderful souvenir. Can't wait for Detroit next Wednesday! [thanks JillyBlue]
What an amazing show last night still recovering from it, Have tons of Pics and Videos, will post them tonight when I get home from work. By the way I am a newbie on this site so pop me a message and say Hi, im a hardcore Coldplay fan seen 7 shows so far and this one was one of the best visually. Vocally, Chris was spot on i'm a technical person and I personally think the sound tech could have helped him out just a little as I could hear Chris vocally strain here and there but that is what happens when you in the middle of a tour. [thanks Athena_Anton]
The show was amazing!!! They actually sounded better than last night. And for those of you worried about Chris' arm, or elbow, he didn't have the band on tonight, so I guess he's doing better! The band also changed up the setlist and put Trouble instead of Warning Sign. I don't know if it's the first time they played trouble on this tour. Great show as always, Can't wait to have them back!! [thanks jonbenar]
Chris Martin visited Sick Kids hospital today. I know this because a child I know was one of the kids that spent time with him. They were not allowed any pics, but they all got autographs and he sung Paradise to them.... My heart be still! [thanks butterflygirl]
You had to be there. You did. Pictures and videos just don’t do it justice. Artists that can actually belt it out as well, or in this case better, than the studio versions is a rarity in today’s music scene. There have been a handful of concerts that have left chills running down my spine (Incubus, Mumford & Sons, and Regina Spektor to name a few) and after tonight, Coldplay has definitely earned a top spot on that list. With everybody in the audience supplied with flashing wristbands that synchronized with the music, an amazing light show, and an almost perfect setlist, I can easily say it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. There were so many moments where you really, seriously, just had to be there – like when the crowd serenaded Chris Martin with “oh ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh”s as he lay centre stage at the end of The Scientist. There was the perfect balance between older songs, like Yellow (which they dedicated to the victims in the Colorado shooting), Clocks, The Scientist, and Fix You with songs from their fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto. Plus, you know… Chris Martin is hot. [thanks Alex] http://www.urbanebloc.com/coldplay-concert-review/
So I've been lurking the website for a couple years so I figured I should make an account considering last night was my first ever Coldplay show! My friend and I had floor level seats row 31 and we arrived just after 6:00. Hearing from you guys on the site I knew all about the upgrades so in the back of my mind I was always kind of hoping for one even though my friend and I didn't really need it. So once we got a look at where are seats were we started wandering the concourse and eventually made it up to the upper concourse for a look. Somebody bumped into us.
"Nice t-shirts guys, are you big Coldplay fans?" Once we heard this my buddy and I knew exactly what this meant, it was one of the roadies! She asked us where our seats were and if we'd like an upgrade to the first row right beside the cat walk. When we told her she said they're not supposed to give upgrades to people with good tickets already, but if we could answer all of her questions correctly she'd give us the tickets anyways. After answering all of her questions correctly it was on to my last question, "What's your favourite Coldplay song, what album is it on and what track number is it?" I said Fix You, X&Y, but I totally blanked for the track number but thankfully after about a minute my buddy came to my rescue and yelled "Track 4!" How could I forget? The roadie took our old tickets and said she'd give them to someone else as an upgrade.
When we went to check our new seats out we couldn't believe our view, we would almost be able to touch Guy and Chris! The opening acts started and I must say Emile was fantastic, but I wasn't as big of a fan of Marina, though they both did a great job! Just after 9:00 99 problems came on, then Back to the Future and I knew we'd be in for a treat! When the band finally emerged from the smoke I couldn't believe I was actually seeing them! We went crazy the entire night and met some great people up there with us! Chris sounded fantastic and he even asked my friend and I if we were ok from underneath his keyboard during Viva! Trouble was also a wonderful surprise! I'm kind of disappointed I didn't bring a camera because I could've taken some great shots, but at least this way I got to enjoy the entire show! Probably the best night of my life!! [thanks Mr. Xyloto]
For more media reviews of the Toronto shows visit 23 July 2012: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Aesthetic Mag: I’ll be the first to admit that Coldplay’s latest album, Mylo Xyloto, isn’t their best work. With most of the album being over produced pop songs featuring Rihanna (okay, that was just the one song but still), gone are the days of emotionally rich, soft piano-pop songs like that of their older material.
During Coldplay’s second night in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre (ACC) as part of their “Mylo Xyloto Tour,” it didn’t matter in the least if you’re a fan of their newer work, or even a fan at all, Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, and Will Champion know how to put on an entertaining show. With every audience member handed a bracelet, “Xylobands,” upon entering, Coldplay didn’t waste any time dazzling the crowd with their cool new addition to the concert experience. In “Hurts Like Heaven,” the brilliant “In My Place” from their 2002 record A Rush of Blood to the Head, and “Major Minus,” and in various other songs throughout the show, the Xylobands would light up in time with the music for a crowd and visually pleasing effect.
Coldplay dipped into their back catalogue throughout the night, playing hits from Viva La Vida including, “Lovers In Japan,” “Violet Hill,” and the always energetic “Viva La Vida,” X&Y’s “Speed Of Sound” and “Fix You” and a more animated version of “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” from A Rush of Blood to the Head. Disappointingly, Coldplay didn’t pick anything too adventurous from their past, although that’s expected seeing as this was the “Mylo Xyloto Tour,” but the real thrill was the inclusion of “Trouble,” from their first album Parachutes. Playing “Trouble” in a more stripped-down way, the band moved to a smaller part of the main stage, marking not the first stage change of the night. As they have at previous shows in other years, Coldplay moved to a very small stage in an upper section of the ACC for a musically gratifying part of the show, delighting the fans they were near and inhibiting seeing the band for fans who were not.
The awkward misstep of the night had to be the Rihanna-less “Princess of China” in the latter half of the show. It’s also discouraging to see such a musically strong band like Coldplay having to play a song with a vocal track overdubbed on top of it to please some fans. As now concert professionals, Martin’s running around onstage trying his best to interact with everyone in the sold out stadium, added to an already energetic show. Playing a whopping twenty-one songs in total, including a very welcoming four song encore, fans didn’t leave feeling underwhelmed by a show that excelled both as a music concert and as pure entertainment. 
- @Jazminazmin: Waiting outside the ACC - #Toronto has #Coldplay fever!
- @mirivarren: On my way to see one of my favorite bands - @coldplay !!! I am so excited and I hope my crappy seats are worth it!! #Toronto
- @rachaelboone: Toronto bound for the #coldplay concert! #getin! #amazing #catsittingrewards
- @erikazamS4C: Going to coldplay... So stoked I always miss them when they came to toronto, finally scored tickets!!!! Yay!
- @dankanter: Headed to @coldplay in Toronto!
- @TanyaYahnke:Heading to see #Coldplay and enjoy a night off in the city. Hello Toronto! Let's have some fun!
- @AllyCleal: Coldplay concert now!!! :):) #soexcited #lovemylife #Toronto #aircanadacentre
- @TiAnDeMartines: Excited for #Coldplay tonight in #Toronto! #coldplayfilm Can't believe it's already been 3 years since I last saw them here.
- @DVass16: In and ready to glow in the dark @coldplay #toronto #ACC instagr.am/p/Ne1NnMMM2M/
- @TMelinhooo: Can't wait for @coldplay in #Toronto tonight! #coldplayfilm #myloxyloto
- @enzz: Watching @coldplay at the ACC tonight in Toronto. Stoked!
- @bexysocks: @coldplay comes to toronto!!! I hope this night never ends! #dreaming
- @iamrisc1: Toronto is where para-para-paradise is at tonight! @coldplay #Coldplay
- @Fit_Fabulouss: #coldplayfilm I don't care about this ad hashtag, but they gave me lights that will glow and dance with the songs.. #Coldplay #toronto #acc
- @Usualsuspectguy: Just got to the @AirCanadaCentre about to see @Coldplay live! So excited! #livemusic #Toronto
- @lightflight00: Coldplay in toronto! Crazy sweet preshow #coldplayfilm
- @butta: Epic climb up like 435754 steps to seat. @Coldplay #Toronto
- @lilmisslibrary: Minutes until @coldplay!!! #toronto
- @rosiemalvasi: I have been waiting to see @coldplay since I was 6 years old. Can't believe the day has finally come #Toronto #goingtocry #soexcited
- @hibaqm: So they haven't even started and I'm like jumping out of my seat @coldplay #Toronto
- @MichelleNVucic: At the @coldplay concert in Toronto!! Can't wait! Its going to be an amazing show!!
- @kaleigh_s: Countdown to #coldplay live in #toronto! Stage is set...music is building. Let's see these bracelets light up! #coldplayfilm
- @LaurRiv: Fake tickets sold for the @coldplay concert in #toronto couldn't be more upset. #coldplayfilm
- @MisterCanuck78: Counting down to Coldplay at the ACC in Toronto thanks to Benny D! pic.twitter.com/uyBh8mPk
- @Calle12PDC: At #coldplay Toronto. #nobigdeal
- @MarijanaCuvalo: Let the Maddness begin #coldplay #Toronto
- @ZEEHUSS: Oh @coldplay continuing the tradition of starting off with Jay Z's 99 Problems. #toronto #music #concert #rockstarbuddies #coldplayfilm
- @nateUTminer: Coldplay in Toronto! instagr.am/p/NfCULhzQQk/
- @amolczak: we're all part of the show #coldplay toronto instagr.am/p/NfCZSSiT1J/
- @lysel: Watching #coldplay for the first time here in Toronto! Wohooooo!!! instagr.am/p/NfDhAwqxCM/
- @aeroplanext: So much confetti. #Coldplay has killed ALL the trees. Awesome! #Toronto #ACC
- @kmsalterdesign: A rainbow of fun @coldplay!! #toronto instagr.am/p/NfFJavuNUz/
- @natural_hero: Dude just tossed his guitar in the air and let it break on stage!! #Coldplay #Toronto #ColdplayTO
- @joyeful: Oh my gosh, Coldplay just played "Trouble", my favourite song. So beautiful. Concert just went into my top 5.#coldplayfilm #toronto
- @drewcashmore: 18,000 shinning wristbands at the #Coldplay concert in #Toronto! pic.twitter.com/GFtaLBki
- @DVass16: No words for how great Charlie Brown is live!! Glowing in the dark! @coldplay #toronto #ACC
- @MarinasDiamonds: Supported Coldplay in Toronto tonight. Brilliant crowd. Loved you. Fangs for having me!
- @dopeasfcuk: Amazing performance of paradise by #coldplay #toronto <3!!!!
- @kfc_canada: Encore time! #Coldplay is in the stands playing Speed of Sound. Amazing!! #acc #toronto
- @brunodesanto: Went to the @coldplay concert tonight in toronto with the wife. I wasn't a fan before, but that was the best production I've ever seen! Wow!
- @chezsiva: One of the best #Coldplay concerts ever! Tons of energy by the band & the audience, rock on! #coldplayfilm pic.twitter.com/hFuAq5gm
- @torontofitmom: @coldplay first encore "Us Against The World" we were in the 3rd row! Close enough to see Chris Martin's sweat hit his guitar. #Toronto #fb
- @stephstrong: I really didn't think I could love Chris Martin & #Coldplay anymore than I already do. Boy was I wrong. Amazing show!! pic.twitter.com/MlNroKlG
- @v_greczThe crowd at @coldplay - free glow bracelets that lit up to the beat pic.twitter.com/5tFOa5FC
- @BrittDen: We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark #coldplay #chrismartin #toronto instagr.am/p/NfP64iu65S/
- @Melissa_A12: Coldplay concert! Air Canada center toronto! Best concert! Clocks brough back memories #coldplayfilm
- @AmandaHollahan: Best concert I have ever been too @sbmb_ #concert #coldplay #toronto #acc #nofilter instagr.am/p/NfUSvyBEtg/
- @horrockschris: great show tonight put on by @coldplay. Light up wristbands what a cool experience #coldplayfilm @toronto pic.twitter.com/oRgzWqhy
- @JaneTruong: Life in Technicolour #Coldplay #AirCanadaCentre #MyloXylotoTour #Toronto @ Air Canada Centre instagr.am/p/NfXdlOFR5g/
- @vmaksupreme: Confetti at #coldplay in #toronto instagr.am/p/NfYpq_ONRm/
- @MigsBurberry: @coldplay That was hands down THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. You guys are incredible!! #Toronto #incredible #bestbandever
- @wongV: Thanks Coldplay for the best night of my lifeee ;) #Toronto instagr.am/p/NfaxcAApc8/
- @maadinaa: I love this man. #chrismartin #coldplay #myloxyloto #toronto #concert instagr.am/p/NfblkjQETl/
- @mominayawar: a panaroma shot of #coldplay concert in #toronto twitpic.com/abgscm
- @JefferySilver99: What a super concert tonight in #toronto. @coldplay you rock and thank you ! pic.twitter.com/QgF4iRJs
- @ndetaeye: Princess of china #myloxylototour @coldplay #toronto yfrog.com/nxe8lbej
- @marleypaigee: Had such an amazing night at Coldplay in Toronto!! pic.twitter.com/dOPDZutq
- @technologydiva: The view from the crowd. #coldplay #coldplayfilm #concert #toronto #igerstoronto #airca @ Air Canada Centre instagr.am/p/NffXJ4J4f5/
- @valorfaerie: @coldplay in Toronto 7/24 instagr.am/p/Nfno7IsvoB/
- @judy_lin: The view from our lucky seats tonight. Thank you @coldplay once again for something incredible. Love, Toronto. pic.twitter.com/eS30vcHk
- @Be_illy: #coldplayfilm #toronto #Coldplay put on a great show last night!! pic.twitter.com/QY9iQoCk
- @MarijanaCuvalo: Another fantastic #coldplay show in #Toronto last night!! Boy do they know how to help rejuvenate the soul.
- @emma_OFARRELL: Coldplay Toronto 2012 possibly the best concert ever...even cried at Yellow! Lights were unreal too!
- @christinadinat: Got the chills during every song played last night. Coldplay, you were absolutely amazing. #Coldplay #Toronto
- @IcebergInkScott: Still reeling with awesome from last night's @coldplay concert in Toronto. It was PHENOMENAL! Flashing lighted wristbands FTW!
- @joanna_xox_: #concert #coldplay #toronto #acc #awesome #love instagr.am/p/NgXsm4irmn/
- @channtellylace: Good Morning Toronto! I want to relive last nite all over again... #amazing #Coldplay
- @lindseymagee: @coldplay, concerning your performance in Toronto on July 24th, thank you.
- @joemjy: Coldplay were unbelieavable... Toronto performed admirably. Wonderland today.
- @noellesmith: crowd pleaser #chrismartin #coldplay #toronto campl.us/k0vR
- @fallenfeathers: Best concert ever #coldplay #toronto! instagr.am/p/NgjhfRqw7N/
- @coldplay: Crowd panorama shot from a second great night in Toronto (hi-res version for both nights at cldp.ly/torontopan). A