4 May 2012: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Mylo Xyloto
- Hurts Like Heaven
- In My Place
- Major Minus
- Lovers In Japan
- The Scientist
- Violet Hill
- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
- Princess Of China
- Up In Flames
- (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!) - Beastie Boys tribute
- Don't Let It Break Your Heart
- Viva La Vida
- Charlie Brown
- Us Against The World
- Speed Of Sound
- What A Wonderful World
- Fix You
- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Photos from this show can be found at Coldplaying.com in the Gallery thread for the Hollywood Bowl. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1943
Videos from this show can be found in the first post of the Coldplaying forum live thread for this show at http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91556
All post-show discussion for this show at the forum thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91556
All fan reviews have been submitted to us by the members of Coldplaying.com, unless stated otherwise.
I sat in Section W1 - last section - dead center view in Row 8 (only 10 rows in the section). Beautiful sound and atmosphere where almost all the other Coldplay fans around me were pretty much singing each song, except "Up In Flames" I mean I was singing it but others felt it was time to sit, not me, standing up the whole time. Great show visually, and everything else. I hope to see them again in the next year . [thanks DanielColdplay22]
I got counterfeit tickets too...i was soooooo mad. I will never use craigslist again. Has this happened to anyone before? What should I do? I only have his phone number and we met in person, but that's it. My friend and I decided to make lemonade..so we stood behind the bowl and listened to the whole show which was actually pretty amazing since we could see all the xylobands lighting up. And we saw them when they were on the C-stage. It was a good night...but there will be justice! [thanks kanayda]
Great show tonight and my first at the Hollywood Bowl! The boys seemed to be in a good mood and i don't think I've ever seen Guy smile that much! Loved hearing Speed of Sound acoustic, it was beautiful. The tribute was very touching. I got a video of the tribute which I will post later. I will post Some pictures later too, although i was kinda far back. Great night, so glad I was able to go also great to meet up with Erick again after 3 years! [thanks l0wxo2]
Oxfam: There are obvious perks to being an Oxfam volunteer at a Coldplay gig. There’s getting to talk to people about something you feel passionate about, there’s the not-to-be-missed opportunity to prance about dressed up like fruit and veg, and of course there’s getting to see your favourite band for free. But occasionally, just occasionally, you might even meet a rock star. Before the gig at Hollywood Bowl on Friday, Chris Martin took a walk in the Hollywood sunshine to come and meet our LA volunteers. He thanked them for volunteering and ask them how the GROW campaign was going. They told him which songs they wanted to hear the band play. Check out those grins! 
I'm still buzzing from the show. We had seats in 3rd row of the Garden boxes, just behind the pool circle. It was like a Hollywood "who's who" before the show- my wife and I had our heads on a swivle between eating our picnic, drinking our wine, and all of the celeb watching. Of those we saw... Jim Caviezel was in the box directly next to ours, John Tesh (is he a celeb?) was down in the Pool Circle with his daughter, Tony Kanal (from No Doubt) was in the row behind John Tesh, I literally ran into Giada de Laurentiis on my way to the bathroom before the show. Best of all, though, is that my wife and I walked up to the aisle in front of the X-stage as soon as Princess of China came on- we looked to our left, and Gwyneth Paltrow and Cameron Diaz were literally RIGHT next to my wife. I swear the overload of CP right in front of her and the two A-listers dancing with her to her right almost was too much. Suited up VIP security eventually made me and most of the others in the garden boxes who had gathered in the aisle in front of the x stage go back to our seats, but they let my wife (a blond who danced along side a dancing Gwyneth and Cameron, and didn't have a cell phone out trying to take a picture of them) stray in their inner circle for 7 songs until Paradise! I could see the three blonds from my box seat and they were so cute just partying and dancing without abandon to Chris and the boys. Best of all, though, were the boys. Chris sounded better than ever (This was our 5th show dating back to 2005) and gave the show an amazing amount of energy. The MCA tribute was great, and the set list was spot on. Sorry for the crap quality of the photos- I need a new mobile phone! Awesome, right? We were in box 361, got the VIP package using AmEx the moment they went on sale in January. Best money I have ever spent! I am usually not a celeb follower, but it was a bit hard to not get caught up in the scene. Luckily, the real celebs for my wife and I are Chris, Will, Johnny and Guy, so we had no problem fully enjoying the show. Too bad I didn't have a chance to meet other on here at the show- would have been nice! The only bad part of the night was seeing a Dad and his ~18 yeah old kids get turned away at the gate in front of us for having fake tix. There are truly some people in this world who have no heart.
As far as the X stage deal, we ran up right when they started setting up the keyboard and drum kit before Princess of China- we were really the first people to get there. Already in the aisle between the first row of garden boxes (directly under the X stage) and the second row of garden boxes, Gwyneth and Cameron Diaz were already standing , with two suited and earpieced VIP security guards keeping the peace. Once a few other people started to crowd the aisle in front of the X stage, the suited and earpiece guys called in the yellow jacket guys to clear the aisle- with the exception of the VIP contingent right in front of the stage- I would assume they has special permission to be wherever they wanted! My wife was lucky enough to a) be mistaken for part of the Gwyneth/Cameron entourage, b) didn't have a cell phone or camera to take pictures of them, and c) Gwyneth and Cameron and their entourage were cool enough to let her stay at their VIP "aisle" spot (now protected by security with their backs to the entourage and facing the aisle and crowd) with them until the end of the set. Meanwhile, everyone in the aisle from me on were asked to return to our seats. My wife was just lucky enough to make the cut given her gender, position in the aisle, and penchant to dance and be into the band and not bother the girls. One guy who blatantly tried to take a picture of them from the box in front of them was relocated to a different box by security (he was obnoxious and tried to shove his cell phone in their faces, practically. Gwyneth kindly but firmly asked him to "respect the band and stop", he didn't, and the yellow jackets walked him (I presume) to a different box. Hope that all makes sense. [thanks AVSean]
Show was great last night. Did make it to the C-Stage. I left my seat several times throughout the night to get a different view. Security kept telling me to move though. Sadly my xyloband didn't work at all, they didn't work in my area at all. I kept hitting it with my other hand, but no....!!! Still wouldn't work. The guys were all great though and so was the rest. It was a party on Friday night. Thanks Coldplay for a great week!! Loved hearing Speed of Sound and Us Against The World. [thanks postcards]
I was sitting at the pool circle last night. I saw the roadie brought in at least 30 people from the back. They are mostly teenagers. Some of them wore Coldplay t-shirts. A few of them actually got to sit right next to the cameraman, which is right in front of Chris. They brought in people pretty early, some before the 1st support band start singing. If anyone is hoping for upgrade in future shows, get there early! I sat in the side of the pool with my six years old daughter on row 6. The security guard is very nice. He said my daughter can stand right in front of the stage if she wants to (because she is short, won't be able to see in row 6). When Coldplay came out, the teenage girl in the 1st row stood up from her seat to watch the show. The guard waved us over and told my daughter to stand on that girl's chair. I got to stand next to her. We basically got upgraded to 1 st row by the nice guard. [thanks blueberry426]
All I can say is wow...the show last night was amazing. We had pretty great seats in a garden terrace box. The is the first concert that I can remember where I didn't sit the entire show, not even once. I was a little disappointed because I was sitting in the aisle where the boys run down after they perform on the C stage and I was hoping to touch Chris but he ran down the middle instead so he could kiss Gwyneth. The rest of the boys did run right past me...I could have touched them. [thanks coldplayluv]
My brief review: The show was flawless. Not one mistake, which in a way is kind of disappointing since it's always a special moment when someone screws up on UATW or something. But I'm not complaining. All the things you take for granted- the fireworks, the lighting, the amplification- were all perfect, which I appreciate. The band had outstanding energy, and the crowd reciprocated that energy ten-fold. You could tell everyone was having a good time. The setlist flowed very nicely, and the Beastie Boys tribute was very special. And what about the Hollywood Bowl? Great venue. I will go to many more Coldplay concerts in the future, but I doubt anything will top this. [thanks aschall]
See the earlier two Hollywood Bowl reviews...
- @adaywithkate: only six hours of work lies between me and the hollywood bowl!! #coldplay #soexcited
- @MistLibrarian: Going to see #coldplay tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. Really looking forward to it!
- @brettdurrant: Heading back to LA this morning to see Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl tonight, it's going to be awesome.
- @MisterRobillard: Coldplay @ the Hollywood bowl 8 hours and counting..........so F'ing excited man!!!!!
- @irisaelee: Coldplay on tonight at the Hollywood bowl! So excited to see them for the first time!
- @TravHaneyESPN: Purchased a way-too-expensive ticket to see Coldplay tonight at Hollywood Bowl. How many chances you get, right? #venuebucketlist
- @oxfamontour: Setting up for the last @coldplay gig in LA. I don't want to leave! Are you heading there tonight?
- @max_loong: I want nothin more than see #Coldplay in concert tonight at the Hollywood Bowl
- @nitrogencloud: @coldplay tonight at hollywood bowl. i can't even handle my excitement jdkwshjcodjwndkdu
- @oxfamontour: The popcorn guys are preparing for tonight at #hollywoodbowl twitpic.com/9has5a
- @oxfamontour: The wristband peps are activating the 16000 wristbands #coldplayfilm twitpic.com/9hax3w
- @tomsoto: Have a date with my beautiful daughter tonight. Taking her to see her favorite band, @Coldplay, at Hollywood Bowl. Going to be fun night!
- @jasonjaramillo: I am so excited to see @coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl in a few hours!!
- @3Lions4Ever": On my way to see #Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl!
- @oxfamontour: Chris Martin meets our oxfam volunteers :) #lovefoodhateinjustice twitpic.com/9hckhb
- @luckydog125: @coldplay Heading to the Bowl tonight. Looking forward to seeing you guys rock it! #coldplay #hollywoodbowl
- @juliehov: very excited to see @coldplay at the hollywood bowl tonight! perfect start to the weekend...
- @iBlow_OoOos: Coldplay concert at the Hollywood Bowl tonight! Yeeeeeee!!!
- @pimt: I didn't know so many old people like Coldplay... @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KOkC8wPHS3/
- @GDeLaurentiis: On my way to Coldplay concert at Hollywood Bowl......I'm sooo excited!! #feellikeateenager
- @BlackWingedCas: I'm at the bowl already! :D an hour and a half until @coldplay comes out on stage! lockerz.com/s/206509105
- @oannacone: Just got moved to FRONT ROW at the hollywood bowl for @coldplay ... THIS IS UNREAL.
- @viaMelissa: At the Hollywood Bowl patiently waiting for the Coldplay concert to start! :)
- @kylahickey: The BF just surprised me with @coldplay tix to tonight's show @ Hollywood Bowl. Best surprise ever!
- @macfrancis: At the Hollywood Bowl for tonight's Coldplay show! #coldplayfilm https://twitter.com/#!/macfrancis/status/198607330722586624/photo/1/large pic.twitter.com/snMdhRfb]
- @JoshuaRush: At #Hollywood bowl. Getting ready to watch my favorite band @Coldplay. Soooo excited.
- @oxfamontour: The wristbands have lit up the arena as the fireworks are lighting up the sky! @coldplay are now on stage! :)
- @kidgrifter: Opening fireworks Coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KOxvGgpuuF/
- @MeghanPatke: Coldplay!!!!! @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KOx4u4vUg5/
- @maivbui: Auto sync'd glow wrist bands for everyone!! What a way to open Coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KOyXvFSnn9/
- @_jknowles79: Chris Martin and @coldplay are absolutely killing it at the Hollywood Bowl right now. lockerz.com/s/206533981
- @jonziskind: Coldplay at the Hollywood bowl is amazing!
- @LAKingsCheese: #Coldplay at The Bowl #nicelittlefridaynight lockerz.com/s/206534250
- @drmichifu: Being serenaded by Coldplay underneath the stars @ the Hollywood Bowl is nearly undescribable. yfrog.com/h352710170j
- @elsongs: I can hear @Coldplay's "Yellow" coming from the northwest here in East Hollywood right now. Is the Bowl concert that loud?
- @susansarla: Can't really beat #coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KO1UdXQMvO/
- @nitrogencloud: literally could not get more fantastic. #coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KO2EhJnMNf/
- @RachaelLCook: Coldplay @ the Hollywood Bowl. These dudes are no joke. lockerz.com/s/206538594
- @TheRealCC: .@coldplay show at the Hollywood Bowl is magical. Perfect Friday night...
- @arnieboyarsky: Great night in LA. Full moon, clear sky and #Coldplay at #Hollywood Bowl.
- @leighu: #Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl!! pic.twitter.com/kRFJq1hW
- @fangirljenn: #coldplay tribute to #MCA. Now at Hollywood Bowl. Very classy. @coldplay
- @Delmarslick: Magical night at the Hollywood Bowl...COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/O3YQzXXp
- @kelsrude: Coldplay just did acoustic "You Gotta Fight For Your Right (To Party)" at Bowl. Awesome. #RIP #BeastieBoys
- @LAEnglishgirl: #coldplay. Kicking it at the Hollywood bowl tonight. pic.twitter.com/gBV3k8be
- @discotetris: Coldplay covered Fight For Your Right at their final Hollywood Bowl show. #Homage #RIPMCA
- @oxfamontour: Just threw out the balloons whilst the confetti filled the air twitpic.com/9hg9jp
- @MetaV: At the Bowl: The #Coldplay tribute to #MCA was beautiful. Never heard "Fight For Your Right" quite like that
- @LarchmontBuzz: Sitting on a Norton porch listening to Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl. Almost like being there!
- @CandiceShari: Coldplay!!! @ the Bowl instagr.am/p/KO57S9iR7V/
- @brothm: Pretty cool tribute by Coldplay signing Fight For Your Right at the Hollywood Bowl for the Beastie Boys.
- @LATherocomplex: Chris Martin (the blur) runs past my son (the kid) after Coldplay's in-the-crowd set at Hollywood Bowl pic.twitter.com/U1oyCZh0
- @viaMelissa: It's a sea of lights for the Coldplay concert at the Hollywood Bowl tonight! :) pic.twitter.com/k98H1KVP
- @joannebeckham: Scenes from hollywood bowl ... Coldplay #legends yfrog.com/nuv5vlj
- @ashleyarrison: God put a smile upon my face. #coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KO-Dz0mY8A/
- @JamesCullenB: That @coldplay concert was amazing! What a positive energy going through the Hollywood bowl!
- @lilyingrassia94: Coldplay at the Hollywood bowl! Sooo good!!! (:
- @jeffmkatz: Absolutely EPIC @Coldplay show at the Bowl!!
- @SeanODon: Coldplay was absolutely amazing at the Hollywood Bowl!
- @blue_sky985: @coldplay y'all rocked it at the Hollywood bowl tonight! Love you!!!
- @hollyholton: Coldplay... Amazing! #hollywood @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KPA0aaze9r/
- @gautampandit15: just walked out of the Hollywood bowl Mind-Blown @coldplay thank you
- @Bk_Low: No concert will ever top @coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl. The most beautiful, crazy, and colorful night of my life. Thank you, Coldplay.
- @Sterling_Social: Coldplay + Hollywood Bowl = Amazing tonight!!! pic.twitter.com/g7THJ2HD
- @nancyanne: Another amazing show from @coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl tonight! instagr.am/p/KPCjrrQbJU/
- @A_YouSaveTheDay: The @coldplay concert at hollywood bowl was truely #paradise
- @noellegooding: Best night ever #chrismartin #sohot #coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl instagr.am/p/KPC6shKbEi/
- @gailwerner: Coldplay put on an unbelievable show at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. Still can't believe I was there! instagr.am/p/KPDaoPiu78/
- @Frost_Caroline: @coldplay is easily one of the best performers/artists of our time. Best concert ever at the Hollywood bowl lockerz.com/s/206561944
- @austinkolbeR: Front row touching the stage at Hollywood bowl at Coldplay concert. Made a birthday girls wish come true as instagr.am/p/KPFgDkhmWS/
- @NiramayaD: I had such an amazing time at The Hollywood Bowl! Coldplay is indeed the best!! My ears still buzzing
- @PhotoDustin: Thank you @coldplay for two incredible nights at the hollywood bowl and for making such great music!
- @nikolesandusky: One of the best shows I've ever been to. The Hollywood Bowl and Coldplay were made for each other.
- @gregrikaart: Coldplay was amazeballs at the Bowl. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Truly. And the 'Fight for your Right' cover was legit.