9 July 2012: Verizon Center, Washington, DC, USA
- Mylo Xyloto
- Hurts Like Heaven
- In My Place
- Major Minus
- Lovers In Japan
- The Scientist
- Violet Hill
- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
- Princess Of China
- Up In Flames
- Warning Sign
- Don't Let It Break Your Heart
- Viva La Vida
- Charlie Brown
- Us Against The World
- Speed Of Sound
- Fix You
- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Photos from this show can be found at Coldplaying.com in the Gallery thread for Washington. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1965
Videos from this show can be found in the first post of the Coldplaying forum live thread for this show at http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=
All post-show discussion for this show at the forum thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=
All fan reviews have been submitted to us by the members of Coldplaying.com, unless stated otherwise.
Well, this was my 4th overall Coldplay concert and 2nd Mylo Xyloto concert. I went to the 7/8/12 yesterday AND the 7/9/12 show today! I already posted about how yesterday I was lucky enough to get upgraded to front row seats for concert #42 but for this one tonight, I actually bought the most expensive tickets I could afford as soon as Coldplay released them to the public. I was sitting section 2 row V for this one. I actually ran into the roadie that upgraded me to the front row seats the other day. He introduced me to another roadie and I thanked him all over again. He was surprised to see me again for another concert. I think he would of upgraded me to front row tickets again but I told him that our seats were right behind the X stage on the floor. Turns out our friends though who had seats in section 109 however DID get upgraded to 2nd row seats on the floor! I basically walked them through what to do once they got into the Verizon center and it worked! I was very happy for them.
The concert itself was AMAZING. Wolf Gang was wonderful.. I'm official a fan..you'll see why later in my review. Since this was my second time seeing them open for Coldplay, I was actually looking forward to all their songs. I also bought their CD from itunes as soon as I got home!
Coldplay was even better than the first night. I felt like I was closer to Chris sitting behind the X than I was sitting front row, but both were great! It was nice seeing all songs they played on the X stage up close since I was far away by the front row when they went over there. But yeah, it just seemed like Coldplay put a little extra in this show considering they're on break afterwards!
After the concert, my plan was to wait outside to possibly meet Coldplay. Sadly, that didn't happen. From what I heard, people were saying as soon as the concert was over, Coldplay darted out of the place. Some said they had a plane to catch that night to go home and rest.. others were thinking that they were just going to the hotel. Anywho, we waited around for at least 1hr 30mins to see if Coldplay would come out. Maybe next time! On the up side, we did run into the WOLF GANG while waiting outside for Coldplay. Those guys were so nice! Two of my friends in the picture I'm gonna post actually met them after they opened for Coldplay, and they still remembered one of their names haha. Max (lead singer) shook my hand and I told him that I'm a new fan of theirs. They were kind enough to take this picture with us!
Overall, both concerts in D.C were amazing. My friends are finally seeing what I've always seen in Coldplay. Coldplay brought us all together for 2 nights. We all made concert shirts together and just hung out and had fun like the old days. [thanks smallnshort247]
This concert was the best night of my life! I took my girlfriend. It was my 3rd Coldplay concert but she had never been to a concert (any band) before. I wore won of my Viva tour shirts and gave her another one to wear. We had nosebleed seats that were kinda crappy(handing speakers blocked most of stage). We were walking back to our seats after getting food and drinks (during Robyn) when we got pulled over by 2 MX tour staff that said they liked out old school Viva shirts. They told us if we answered 3 questions right about Coldplay they would upgrade our seats to something much better. The 3 questions were: name 15 coldplay songs, name all 4 band members, and name Chris Martin's 2 daughters. Easy peasy! We got upgraded to 3rd row floor seats (and only 2 seats between us and the runway thing!) It was an amazing night. I love you Coldplay! [thanks FlipBack]
- @coldplay: Looking forward to tonight Great DC crowd last night #coldplaywashington PH
- @coldplay: We are in Washington DC - just walked to the @WhiteHouse for a look. Last show of this run tonight, it's been absolutely brilliant... Guy
- @BlondeBlogger: #coldplay trucks! #coldplayfilm #coldplaywashington #myloxyloto twitpic.com/a5ul3x
- @mlswann: Just the start of an above average Monday night. #coldplayfilm instagr.am/p/M4BLvWq_l0/
- @scottytball: Very soon, Chris Martin will be waaaaaaay down there. #ColdplayWashington @ Verizon Center instagr.am/p/M4IREHJKW2/
- @douglasmintz: Coldplay played Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols during today's sound check at DC's Verizon Center. Not sure what that means....
- @WRSophiaa: Worker for Coldplay gave us THE BEST SEATS IN THE VERIZON CENTER FRONT ROW TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- @oxfamontour: View from the stage- Imagine this venue full and playing to #Washington #youcandream twitpic.com/a5vqxb
- @1MichelleDionne: At the coldplay show in DC! So excited! Robyn is up next! She's awesome! pic.twitter.com/NZ2MgEnF
- @TVHoppin: Not a fan of @robynkonichiwa is it supposed to be a techno version of a Spice Girl? #coldplayfilm
- @RonCopenhaver13: At the #coldplay concert at the verizon center. This opening act is pretty cool!
- @dlynnmg: Incredible view for Coldplay and LOVE my bracelet! #coldplayfilm pic.twitter.com/oQyUcUGJ
- @asteggles: Figured out the wristband (after beating it) #coldplayfilm pic.twitter.com/D9rWkfM6
- @muhkaykayxd: Fog is coming out...wristbands are lighting up! #coldplaywashington #coldplayfilm
- @stayysh: #coldplayfilm there is a crowd wave continuously circling the verizon center, this is awesome
- @rebekahhoyt: 2 songs in and it's already the best concert I've seen. #coldplaywashington #coldplayfilm pic.twitter.com/uBkFfTSV
- @NajatD: WOW getting confetti thrown at me at @coldplay and enjoying all the amazing lights and sounds here in DC
- @rebekahhoyt: @coldplay puts on the best show ever. #coldplaywashington #coldplayfilm @ Verizon Center instagr.am/p/M4f5cElCl5/
- @boobtubious: Coldplay takes a bow! Awesome energy! #coldplaywashington #coldplayfilm twitpic.com/a5xeoz
- @stephshapiro: That was seriously one of the best concerts I have ever gone to #coldplayfilm
- @dearemily826: Best day of my life! #coldplayfilm instagr.am/p/M4ory8myME/
- @lily4uXO: @coldplay I'm speechless!! Thank you Thank you! Took my kids to their first concert tonight DC:). Better than Goin to Disneyland!!
- @Alicelrand: @coldplay Thank you for a magical night! Hope you enjoyed DC.
- @robynkonichiwa: Thank u #washington, last show of the tour. Been a pleasure touring w @coldplay ! We got 2 use their ping pong table which was really cool.
- @vargasmadrid: Nothing like it, best concert in the world #coldplayfilm