|About · Help · Recent Changes · Navigation · Searching · Editing||Categories · All Pages · Random Page|
Create an account now
Special:UserLogin to access the log in / register page.
- Live 2012 - the new concert film available from 14th November 2012!
- Hurts Like Heaven - the fifth single from Mylo Xyloto, and accompanying Hurts Like Heaven music video released on 8th October 2012.
- Tour news 2012 - New North American and European arena and stadium tour to compliment the already sold-out UK stadium dates!
- Mylo Xylotour - full account of the current Coldplay tour 2011-12 - down to the smallest detail!
- Mylo Xyloto - latest news and album reviews on the fifth album (or reminisce when it used to be called LP5...)
- Princess Of China - Coldplay's collaboration with Rihanna, including the Princess Of China - Music Video.
- Charlie Brown - Coldplay's third single from MX, released in January 2012, including the Charlie Brown - Music Video.
- Paradise - Coldplay's second single from MX, released on 12th September, 2011.
- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall Coldplay's first single from MX released on 3rd June, 2011, blogged songs Up In Flames and Don't Let It Break Your Heart, as well as new live songs Major Minus, Moving To Mars and Us Against The World.
- Concert Reviews 2011 - Coldplay's multiple massive festival headline appearances for summer/autumn 2011 and ending with a European Arena tour!
- Concert Reviews 2010 - Coldplay announce new tour in 2010, visiting Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico
- Concert Reviews 2009 - up to date setlists, reviews, tweets and links to all the 2009 shows!
- LeftRightLeftRightLeft (live album) - giveaway CD available at all the 2009/10 shows.
- Prospekt's March EP - The overspill of songs from the Viva La Vida era - leading to the release of this EP in November 2008.
- Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay's fourth album, released in June 2008.
Coldplay are an English rock band. Formed in 1997 in London, the group comprises vocalist/pianist Chris Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion. Coldplay achieved worldwide fame with their 2000 single Yellow, followed by the success of their debut album, Parachutes, which was nominated for the Mercury Prize. Coldplay went on to be nominated for this prestigious award on two further occasions, once in 2003 and again in 2005. Coldplay have been one of the most commercially successful acts of the new millennium, selling over 40 million albums. The band are also known for hit singles, including In My Place and the Grammy Award-winning Clocks.
Coldplay's early material was compared to acts such as Jeff Buckley and Radiohead, while also drawing comparisons to U2 and Travis. Since the release of Parachutes, Coldplay have also drawn influence from other sources, including Echo and the Bunnymen and George Harrison on A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002) and Johnny Cash and Kraftwerk for X&Y (2005). Both of these albums were released to great critical acclaim and commercial success. In 2002, A Rush of Blood to the Head was named as NME's Album of the Year.
Coldplay have been an active supporter of various social and political causes, such as Oxfam's Make Trade Fair campaign and Amnesty International. The group has also performed at various charity projects such as Band Aid 20, Live 8, and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Since December 2006, the band worked with producer Brian Eno on a fourth album, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. Released on 17 June 2008, recording sessions for the album took place during June 2007 to April 2008 and featured production by Jon Hopkins, Rik Simpson, Markus Dravs, and Brian Eno.
The band finished recording the fifth album, Mylo Xyloto in mid-2011. When Martin and Champion were interviewed by BBC Radio and asked about the album's lyrical themes, Martin replied "It's about love, addiction, OCD, escape and working for someone you don't like." When asked whether or not their fifth album would be out by the summer, Martin and Champion said that there was plenty of work to be done before releasing it. They confirmed several festival appearances before its release date, especially a headlining spot in the 2011 Rock Werchter, Glastonbury Festival, T in the Park, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Rock in Rio, and Lollapalooza festivals. On 24 October 2011, they released Mylo Xyloto, which was met with favourable reviews.
|Violet Hill | Viva La Vida | Lost! | Lovers In Japan | Life In Technicolor ii | Strawberry Swing|
|Life In Technicolor | Cemeteries Of London | 42 | Reign Of Love | Yes | Chinese Sleep Chant | Death And All His Friends | The Escapist|
|Postcards From Far Away | Glass Of Water | Rainy Day | Prospekt's March/Poppyfields | Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground|
|A Spell A Rebel Yell | Death Will Never Conquer | The Goldrush | Lhuna (ft. Kylie Minogue)|
|LeftRightLeftRightLeft | Famous Old Painters | Lukas | School | The Dubliners|